Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lanny Bassham Resolves to Lose 50 pounds this year!

Have you ever thought about making a resolution around this time of year? This is a great time to set goals and make changes in your life. Well, I thought I would let you in on one of my resolutions and show you how Mental Management can help you to reach yours. I am 62 years young but I am severely overweight and I am ready to do something about it. I have visited my doctor, had a battery of exams and he is monitoring my weight loss plan. I have had an evaluation with a personal trainer and he has informed me that I need to gain strength and he has put me on a program to do just that. So, I plan to use some Mental Management techniques to aid me in the process of losing over 50 pounds during the next 12 months and I thought I would keep you informed in the meantime on my progress.

Losing weight for someone my age might be one of the most difficult things a person can do, I have tried to drop pounds before with little success but I am determined to succeed this time by going all out in the process. I will use 3 proven techniques that we teach to achieve my goal. 1 - Mental Management Goal Getting, 2 - Directive Affirmations and 3 - Accountability to others.

I have set a goal to weigh 169 pounds or less by the end of 2009. At the beginning of my goal I weigh 219. I plan to lose at least 1 pound a week for 50 weeks. I have determined that I can lose at least one to 1.5 pounds a week if I can keep my caloric intake under 1700 calories a day and exercise as planned. Please do not attempt this without supervision by professionals. I am also taking Nutrilite XX vitamins and drinking 8 full glasses of water each day. I have found a website on the Internet that will allow me to document all of the daily intake of food and exercise. I have chosen Lance Armstrong's site at www.livestrong.com. Check it out. It is free and full of helpful information. There is even a free application for your IPhone if you have one.

I have written a Directive Affirmation and I have posted it in 5 key points around my home. One copy is on my refrigerator door, one is on the pantry door, on is on my computer monitor, one is on my bathroom mirror and one is on the chest of drawers in my closet. I will imprint this directive affirmation at lest 10 times per day over the next 21 days.

Here is my Directive Affirmation:

I am on my way to becoming physically fit. I feel great, look great and I have extended my life. I record what I eat and what I exercise on my website at www.livestrong.com daily and I keep my net calorie intake below 1700 calories a day. I exercise on my elliptical keeping my heart rate over 130 beats per minute for at least 15 minutes and do my isometrics daily. I am on my way to becoming physically fit.

I will upgrade these exercises as my trainer and doctor recommends. At this rate I should reach my goal on time. I plan to keep you updated on my progress of losing 50 pounds of excess, unwanted, unhealthy, useless, energy-burning, ugly, FAT!!!!! I hope you will keep me in your prayers, hold me accountable and encourage me. If you are overweight perhaps you would care to join me on my journey. I promise to encourage you if you will send me an email describing your goal to lose weight. I know we can do this together with Gods help. God bless us one and all. --Lanny Bassham info@mentalmanagement.com

Check out Lanny's New Blog on His Journey - www.lannybassham.blogspot.com

www.mentalmanagement.com

You can learn more about how to keep Directive Affirmations and the Mental Management Goal Getting System in the Mental Management Seminar on DVD and Lanny's Book "With Winning in Mind"

No comments: