Thursday, May 15, 2008

Elizabeth Pospisil takes the Crown & the Gold!


I am still such a novice with my Mental Management program. However I am reaping the benefits for both my Competitive figure skating and pageantry. I recently competed in the National Teenager Texas state pageant and was not only awarded the Miss Tx Jr Sweetheart 2008 Title but also won a $10,000 scholarship for my highest Academic Achievement and the Supermodel for the junior division. I also took the talent award with my Tap dance Footloose. I will compete in Nashville this summer for the National Title. This has been a winning year – I am currently Miss Texas Preteen 2007 for the prestigious National American Miss and was also formerly Miss Texas Junior Teen America 2007. With the Mental Management System I feel unstoppable!

The very next month I was scheduled for Intermediate track program competition in the Skate Dallas Invitational. It was my first time to skate my program in a competition and I had not had it choreographed very long. I was the first on the ice and my nerves almost got the best of me – but these are the moments that your Mental Management program helps to reduce the stress. I was so excited when I checked the standing and had won the Gold. Because of my improvements, I have shortened the learning curve using the Mental Management System. I will be testing on my third level in a 1 and ½ years, the usual time spent at each level is 1 to 2 years. I am moving up like gang busters and have attained a gold medal at every level.

I just do not know where I would be had I not found Lanny Bassham’s Mental Management Systems and Heather Sumlin. I have come from a pretty good competitor to the winning circle! Thanks so much for taking me on and being so patient with me. I look forward to increasing my Mental Management program and my winnings.

Thanks for Everything,

Elizabeth Pospisil

(Liz has attended several training sessions with Heather Sumlin for Mental Management preparation for pageantry and skating. She also keeps a Performance Analysis, reads "With Winning in Mind" and listens to "What Every Pageant Contestant Should Know First About the Mental Game". She was only 11 when she attended her first session and is the youngest One on One student we have taught. It is amazing the growth she has been able to attain at such a young age. Her maturity today at only 13 years of age is remarkable - a true winner in every way. Congratulations to Liz for sticking her her mental program and for being a champion inside & out!)

No comments: