Thursday, April 10, 2008


I came to the sport of agility in the 1990’s. My background in sports did not demand that I have a mental management system to be successful. As Nigel, my miniature schnauzer, and I prepared for AKC World Team Tryouts in 2001, it was apparent that I had reached a level of competition that required skills that I did not possess. Sensing my struggle, a dear friend gave me Lanny’s book With Winning In Mind. Reading With Winning in Mind was a cathartic experience. I began to apply Lanny’s Mental Management System and developed my own applications to agility. I soon discovered the concepts from Mental Management showing up as I taught agility clients.

I credit Lanny’s Mental Management system with my ability to perform at national events. My commitment to training gets me to the event, running Lanny’s Mental Management System provides me with the skills to perform on the day of the event. In the 7 years that I have put Lanny’s Mental Management System into practice, Nigel and I have not faulted in the preliminary rounds of AKC Agility Nationals.

I encourage my clients, whether weekend warriors or national champions, to use Lanny’s Mental Management System to help them reach their potential.

Webb Anderson

No comments: